Input a site and we’ll show you:
- SEO keyword opportunities, including keywords that are driving traffic to competing sites, but not yours. Find your next content idea and incorporate it into your strategy.
- Competitive benchmarking, including how your site’s traffic from search, keywords, and backlinks compare to that of your biggest online competitors.
- Website traffic statistics, including Alexa Rank, engagement metrics, referral sources, and more for any site in our database.
- Audience insights, including sites that share an audience with your site, topics your audience cares most about, and keywords they search for.
Get a free website analysis for:
- Find SEO keyword opportunities
- View website stats side-by-side against your top competitors
- Find topics your audience cares about
- See what sites share your audience
- Find top keywords driving traffic to the site
- Analyze a website’s traffic sources and engagement metrics
- Gain insights on the site’s audience
“This new Site Overview tool is a serious option for finding and growing new traffic opportunities. If you’re an agency or a consultant, the ”easy-to-rank keywords” tool is probably the first place you should start for prospective clients.”
“People have an emotional reaction when they see that competitors are beating them at something. This is the fastest way to see what’s working for them and not for you. Even at a glance, I’ve found 3-4 actions I can take to get better results.”
Chief Marketing Officer & Co-Founder, Orbit Media
Discover even more marketing ideas with the Advanced Plan
Take your search marketing results to the next level with tools for keyword research, SEO, and competitive analysis.
Start Your Free 14-Day Trial
Download your free Competitive Analysis Template
See how the competitive insights from Site Overview and other Alexa tools can help you discover new ways to grow your business.
Is Alexa’s Site Overview tool free?
Yes, the Site Overview tool is free. It provides a limited preview of some results available in a paid plan.
For unlimited access to the results and to all our SEO and competitive analysis tools, subscribe to Alexa’s Advanced or Agency plan. With these paid plans you get:
- Recurring site audits, which provide an action plan to keep your site optimized for search.
- Advanced competitive analysis, which allows you to benchmark a set of up to 10 sites at once.
- Keyword research tools, which uncover content opportunities to help reach your audience.
- Audience analysis tools, which identify sites and topics your audience cares about most.
- Backlink analysis tools, which identify link-building and partnership opportunities to help grow your authority and traffic.
- Website traffic measurement, which tracks traffic to your site and helps you prove success to stakeholders.
How can I use the data in the Site Overview?
Great question! Here are some tips on how to use the data:
- Use the list of keyword opportunities to develop new search engine optimization (SEO) content or improve existing content that is highly relevant to your niche audience. These keyword opportunities are broken down by strategy, so you can focus on your top SEO priority.
- Use the competitive analysis section to see where you can close the gap between you and your competitors. For example, if your competitors drive more search traffic than you, run an seo analysis to identify areas to improve.
- The audience insights can be used to understand your users’ browsing habits. This can help you identify partner sites, guest posting opportunities, or paid advertising opportunities.
- Check website traffic statistics to understand a site’s popularity, and the quality of their content. For example, you can look at a competitor’s engagement metrics and compare that to your own site to identify metrics to focus on in your marketing strategy.
How does Alexa determine the metrics and insights for sites?
Most of our metrics are estimates that are based on our global data panel which represents a sample of all Internet users.
To generate our metrics, we count visits and pageviews for each site and apply data science to estimate what the total traffic and engagement for each site might be.
We also show directly measured metrics for sites that are Certified and that have chosen to publicly display their Certified Metrics. If these metrics are public they will replace the estimates. You can certify your own site with a subscription to any Alexa plan.
You can learn more about how specific information on the Site Overview tool is determined by clicking on the bubble next to any metric or insight.
Can I access this data via API?
Some of the data in Site Overview is available via an API. Accessible data includes:
- Historical web traffic data, such as Alexa Traffic Rank, site statistics, Reach per Million, and Pageviews per Million metrics
- A list of sites linking to any given website
- Lists of top websites globally or by country, ordered by Traffic Rank
Learn more about our APIs here.