Last Updated on December 8, 2020 by Adam Enfroy
As competition for leads and sales grows, sales teams and business owners need a better way to track customers through every stage of the buyer journey. This is where CRM software comes into play.
Customer relationship management (CRM) software aims to nurture these customer relationships across various channels, ensuring an excellent experience for customers, and ultimately guiding them down the sales funnel.
CRM tools help manage and improve company interaction within a database by leveraging email marketing, lead nurturing, and marketing automation.
These tools also help sales and marketing teams improve their database marketing by sending personalized messages to the right prospects at the right time.
To make your decision easier, I ranked and reviewed the best CRM software based on features, integrations, sales capabilities, marketing tools, support, pricing, and more.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
What is the Best CRM Software?
After using a ton of different CRMs across numerous tech companies and testing both small business CRMs and enterprise CRMs, here are my top picks for the best CRM software.
1. HubSpot CRM.
Best Free CRM with Marketing Tools.
HubSpot CRM is a full-featured marketing suite, with its CRM software being their most popular offering.
HubSpot CRM is great for sales professionals due to its great features and time-saving tools. It’s also a strong option for marketing teams with the ability to capture, track, and grow leads within a database.
They offer a 100% free version of their software, with the ability to upgrade and get access to their entire suite of marketing tools.
- Email and Lead Nurturing – You can send free, personalized emails, and track your results with built-in analytics reports.
- Contact Organization and Management – You can connect your email inbox to their CRM and automatically sync and organize your contacts in one place.
- Over 300 Integrations – Easily connect your existing tech stack to get more functionality out of the tools you’re already paying for.
- Live Chat and Chatbots – Help customers faster with support tickets, productivity tools, and instant chat capabilities.
- Sales Pipeline Data – Sales leaders can view their entire sales pipeline with insights into sales activity and individual performance.
- A free plan that you can upgrade at any time.
- Integrated with their sales and marketing suites, which include live chat, landing pages, email marketing, ad management, document management, and more.
- Free email marketing and list segmentation.
- A team email and conversations inbox for access to all messages in one place.
- A great form builder to capture lead information.
- Ad management tools to track ROI across paid campaigns on Google, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
HubSpot CRM has a free plan that offers a lot of great features to start with. You can then choose to upgrade to one of their paid plans:
- Starter ($40/month): All features of the free plan, plus additional forms, up to 50 email list segmentations, $1k in ad management, 10 reporting dashboards, and limited conversational bots.
- Professional ($800/month): All features of free and starter, plus 2,000 email list segmentations, $10k in ad management, 25 reporting dashboards, and full chatbot features. This plan also opens up additional features like phone support, content strategies, an SSL certificate, and a blog.
- Enterprise ($3,200/month): All features outlined above (with higher-tier options), plus user roles, event-based segmentation, predictive lead scoring, API calls, multi-touch revenue attribution, webhooks, and more.
Get started with HubSpot CRM.
2. Zoho CRM.
Best CRM For Small Business (SMBs).
With Zoho CRM, you can get a 360-degree view of your business, track essential sales and marketing opportunities, and increase conversion rates. With more than 150,000 customers globally, Zoho CRM is one of the most popular tools on this list.
- Advanced CRM Analytics – Integrates your data and derive actionable insights.
- AI-Powered Sales Assistant – Zoho helps sales teams and representatives make decisions based on customer profile and detect anomalies.
- Performance Management – With features like gamification, reporting, sales forecasting, and territory management, you can make the best out of your small business spendings.
- Sales Enablement – Helps you generate price quotes and access sales scripts.
- Process management – Enables the team to chart out every step of the sales process with sales builder and processing rules.
- Omnichannel customer support via phone, live chat, email, and social media.
- Provides high-level automation.
- Highly customizable.
- More than 100 third party integrations, including LinkedIn, Zapier, email integrations like Google and Outlook, and more.
- Highly scalable.
- 15-day free trial period.
- Offers a mobile version (for paid plans).
- Ensures data security, integrity, and regulatory compliance.
- Multi-language offered.
- Has a free plan for up to 3 users.
- Provides holistic calendar management.
- Offers data import/export.
- Predictive sales feature to help with data enrichment, email sentiment analysis, and more.
All three paid plans, the ‘Standard,’ ‘Professional,’ and ‘Enterprise’ cost $12, $20 and $35 per user per month (billed annually). Zoho CRM also offers a freemium plan for up to 3 users.
Get started with Zoho CRM.
Smartest Sales Features.
Freshsales is an AI-based CRM for lead scoring, email activity, email capture, and so forth. One of its most prominent features is that it provides a 360-degree view of your business.
- Lead Management – Provides solutions to convert prospective leads into customers.
- Deal Management – Gives you a thorough picture of where the deal is placed in the sales funnel. Also helps you manage and organize every step in the funnel and maximize your chances of conversion.
- Tracking and Lead Scoring – With in-built AI-feature, you can rank and score leads, and identify the ones most likely to make a purchase.
- Auto Lead Assignment – The CRM allows handpicked leads to select salespeople automatically.
- Smartforms (web-to-lead) – When a person fills up the web-form on your website, they automatically become a lead and are added to your database.
- Provides high-level automation and intelligent workflows.
- Extensive range of integrations, including MailChimp, Zapier, Calendar, Piesync, Segment, and more.
- RESTful APIs to help you read, modify, add, and delete data from the help desk.
- Behavior-based lead segmentation.
- Advanced lead scoring based on characteristics and behavior.
- Sends out personalized welcome and voicemail messages.
- 21-day free trial period.
- Excellent customer support via phone and email.
- Known as one of the best mobile CRMs with a mobile app.
- Event tracking (tracks previous communication to plan the future approach).
- Highly flexible.
Freshsales offers four plans, starting from $12 up to $79 per user per month (when billed annually).
Get started with Freshsales.
Best Enterprise CRM Software.
Salesforce is one of the most famous names on this list and has more than a million users worldwide. It’s a cloud-based CRM software that caters to all the branches of a business, including sales, service, marketing, analytics, and more.
- Opportunity Management – You can close more deals by identifying the perfect opportunities with the ‘opportunity management’ module.
- Contact Management – With this module, you can track parameters like customer history, communications, and social media mentions.
- Sales Performance Management – Set sales goals and update targets for the best sales performance.
- Visual Workflow – Using this, you can drag, drop, share, and track files and updates.
- First Feed Feature – Allows you to see what you want to see first (based on your settings).
- 24/7 customer support available via phone, email, and tickets.
- High-level automation and personalization (provide great social experience).
- 30-day free trial period.
- Cloud-hosted (faster and inexpensive).
- Compatible with Linux, Windows, Mac, Android.
- Open API (therefore highly customizable).
- Offer enterprise territory management, a sales CRM, and management of social networks.
- Multi-language and multi-currency customer support.
- Wide range of email templates to choose from.
- In-built Einstein Lead Scoring.
- Lead management with sales force automation and business intelligence.
- Compatible with all devices, including mobile phones.
- Provides partner communities.
- In-built process builder and lead generation tools.
- A large number of third-party integrations (LeadExec, Ambassador, Zuora, Zendesk, among others).
- Mass emailing option to help you save time and effort.
- Can’t be used by companies who want on-premise deployment.
- Live chat support isn’t available.
Salesforce offers a variety of products; therefore, the prices may vary. However, the subscription plans start at $25 per user per month, and the most expensive plan costs $1,250 per user per month (both billed annually). You can also get in touch with them for a customized plan.
For a more detailed look at these top tools, check out my comparison of HubSpot vs. Salesforce.
Best Simple CRM.
The Nimble is an excellent, albeit simple CRM software tool, that works within the G-Suite inbox or Office 365. It allows you to update contacts, access company & contact insights easily, and manage deals from within your workflow, among other impressive features.
- Relationship Management – helps you automatically combine and collate social media connections, communications, inboxes, and calendar appointments.
- Live Profiles – actionable, accessible contact records to quickly locate contact information and interaction history.
- Segmentation – helps you stay organized by segmenting your contacts into lists to take various actions.
- Reminder feature – never miss out on an opportunity with pre-scheduled reminder features.
- Pipeline management – always stay on top of every stage of the sales funnel by the visual representation of pipelines.
- Sends out group emails to help you engage your audience at a large scale.
- Email tracking to engage customers/leads more effectively.
- Extensive range of third-party integrations, such as Gmail, Outlook, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and more.
- Offers a redesigned smart contacts app (enhanced widget to support, calendars, tasks, deals, and more).
- Highly scalable and customizable.
- 14-day free trial.
- The prospector tool allows you to visit a website and get professional details about people who aren’t listed on the website.
- Has a ‘group message’ feature.
- Extensive task management to create and assign tasks to different team members.
- Compatible with mobile phones.
- Ensures data security, integrity, and GDPR compliance.
- Only a single plan is available.
- Doesn’t one with the auto-responder feature.
- Doesn’t have a free plan.
- Many integrations need a ‘sync’ tool to function properly.
There is only one plan available. The price is $25 per month (billed monthly) and $19 per month (billed annually).
Pipedrive is a sales-focused CRM that uses AI to automated repetitive tasks and manage leads and sales. They currently support over 90,000 customers and over $24 billion in deals have passed through their platform.
- Lead Management – Track leads and sales from forms, chatbots, and more on a 24/7 basis.
- Visual Sales Pipelines – You can organize your pipeline and create custom stages (hot, warm, cold) by rep or team member.
- Communication Tracking – A full contact history tracks calls, emails, chats, and more and allows you to set your schedule in real-time.
- Mobile Apps – You can use Pipedrive from your mobile device and integrate your smartphone with other sales apps to increase sales.
- Can easily add deals, values, win probabilities, and close dates.
- Unlimited custom fields collect any piece of customer information.
- Custom reports can track revenue estimates and recurring revenue.
- Activity reports can track individual sales calls, emails, demos, and events.
- Lead source data reports tell you where your leads came from (organic, direct, SEM,…